Neuro Spinal Hospital’s radiology and imaging department offers high-quality neurological assessments and treatments by using the latest radiological, diagnostic, and therapeutic imaging technologies and equipment deployed by a dedicated, multidisciplinary staff of clinical experts. Some of the key services offered are highlighted below.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is considered one of the most important diagnostic tools in modern surgery. Neuro Spinal Hospital is proud to offer some of the most technologically advanced MRI equipment in the area.An MRI scan can be an invaluable diagnostic test since MRI is the imaging technology of choice for most neurological and spinal disorders.
At Neuro Spinal Hospital we offer:
- Advanced imaging technology, including a Siemens MRI scanner, 1.5 Tesla
- Highly trained staff to scan patients
- Soothing ambience in the department to comfort patients and help reduce claustrophobia and nervousness
Using MRI scans, a patient with a neurological or spinal problem can be quickly and accurately assessed. The high-quality equipment at Neuro Spinal Hospital offers:
- Improved image quality for more accurate interpretation
- More rapid image processing for speedier scans and results
- Ability to pinpoint exact anatomical locations for scans, allowing for pinpoint accurate brain and spinal scans
Proper treatment of most brain and spinal problems begins with an accurate diagnosis, which depends on the highest quality of MRI equipment and expertly trained technicians and radiologists.
Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
Computed Tomography (CT) scanning is a sophisticated medical imaging technology that uses digital geometry processing to generate 3-D images that are invaluable in diagnosis and treatment of many brain and spinal problems. Neuro Spinal Hospital is home to a new 64-slice Siemens Somatom CT-scanner. (The “64 slice” refers to 64 independent images that a scan produces at one time to be processed by a computer into a single 3-D image.) This ultra-fast advanced CT scanner has some of the fastest rotation times available, which allow for highest-quality scans in a relatively short period of time.
The CT scanner can be used for:
- Sharp, accurate visualization of the blood vessels in and around the brain and spine
- Perfusion assessment or how much oxygen is present in tissue or tumors
- Coronary vessel assessment, offering a noninvasive method of diagnosing possible ischaemic heart disease
- Bolus tracking for drug studies
- Diagnosis of many conditions, including stroke and ischaemic disease
- Percutaneous procedures, including vertebroplasties
- Whole-body scans for a comprehensive physical check-up
Patients at Neuro Spinal Hospital who require a CT scan will be able to take advantage of:
- Some of the most advanced imaging technology currently available anywhere
- Fast scan times with extremely sharp images
- Minimal exposure to radiation
- One of the most comfortable CT-scanners available
The angiography suite at Neuro Spinal Hospital helps to identify neuro-vascular problems by allowing clinicians to visualise the arterial and venous blood supply to the brain.
The angiography / endovascular suite provides:
- State-of-the-art angiography equipment
- Latest 3D rotational angiography and built-in CT scan (DynaCT)
- Proven ability to help identify narrowing of crucial blood vessels to the brain
- Expert angiographic imaging clinicians, including an endovascular physician, to diagnose and treat neurological and spinal cord disorders
- Angiograms of head, neck, spine, and peripheral arteries
- Interventional procedures such as coiling of cerebral aneurisms, embolisation of arteriovenous malformation (AVM), thrombolysis, dilatation, and stenting for the treatment of cerebrovascular and spinal problems
- Less invasive procedures for the treatment of cerebrovascular and spinal problems
Angiography is an important new addition to endovascular medicine, and patients at the Neuro Spinal Hospital can benefit from these new imaging techniques and treatments.
- Vascular studies
- Transcranial Doppler assessment for visualisation of intracranial blood vessels
- Colour analysis of extracranial cervical carotid and vertebral arteries for diagnosis and treatment of ischaemic stroke
- Peripheral vascular studies